I love zucchini and tomatoes, so this seemed a perfect recipe for me.
This comes from The Kellogg’s Cookbook.
- 1/4 Cup of KELLOGG’s Complete Wheat Bran Flakes
- 2 Teaspoons plus 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Grated Lemon Zest
- 4 Medium Zucchini (about 1 1/4 lbs), well washed, trimmed, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- 3 Medium Tomatoes (about 3/4 lbs), peeled, cored, seeded, and cut into wedges.
- 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the wheat bran flakes in a resealable bag. Seal the bag and using a rolling pin, crush the flakes into a fine crumb.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a small frying pan over low heat. Add the crumbs and cook, stirring constantly, for about 4 mins, or until lightly colored.
- Remove from heat and stir in zest. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add zucchini and saute for 5 mins or until almost tender.
- Add tomatoes and lemon juice, along with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 mins, or until hot.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the crumbs over the top and serve.
Thoughts After Cooking:
No picture, I forgot to take one.
It was really good except the crumbs. They were too sweet and didn’t really add to the recipe.
For more Kellogg recipes, go to Cheese Potato Crisps
For more from the Kellogg’s Cookbook, go to Rice Krispies Cookies