So we had a Pride and Prejudice themed mystery on Tuesday, we need something perfect for tea to go with it. Tuesday’s mystery I borrowed from my sister blog JaneAustenRunsMyLife, and I am borrowing today’s recipe from her as well.
- 1/2 Cup of Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 Cup + 1 Tbsp of Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs at Room Temperature
- 1.5 Tbsps of Meyer Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsps of Meyer Lemon Juice
- 1.5 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Cups + 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1.5 Tbsp of Poppyseeds
- 1/2 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt at Room Temperature
- 1 Cup of Confectioner’s Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 3-4 Tbsps of Whole Milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the sugar and butter together.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- With the mixer on low add some of the flour mixture, and mix.
- Then add the yogurt and mix. Repeat alternating between flour mixture and yogurt.
- Remove from mixer and mix in poppyseeds, but just until they are incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into pan and cook for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 mins.
- While cake is cooling, whisk confectioner’s sugar and milk together.
- While cake is warm, spoon the glaze over the top.
- Sprinkle with poppyseeds if desired.
Thoughts After Baking:
This was absolutely delicious!
Perfect for tea or to eat when reading a mystery.
For more recipes from JaneAustenRunsMyLife, go to Skinny Chai Tea Latte
For more lemon cake recipes, go to Lemon Meringue Chiffon Cake
For more cake recipes, go to Flag Cake
For more desserts, go to King Arthur Fudgy Brownies