So in A Fragile Design, they have tea time quite a few times throughout the book. That made me think I need a tea recipe, and I decided on borrowing this one from my sister blog, JaneAustenRunsMyLife.
- 3.5 Cups of Flour
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Lavender Earl Grey Loose Leaf Tea
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 Cups of Unsalted Butter
- Pulse flour, sugar, tea, and salt together for one minute in a bowl or food processor.
- Add butter and vanilla extract.
- Pulse until shaggy dough is formed, about two mins.
- Remove blade and transfer dough to a working surface.
- Work dough until it comes together and shape it into two discs.
- Place each disc on parchment paper and transfer to refrigerator for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut out cookies using a 1 inch wide cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are a light golden brown.
Thoughts After Baking:
Like my sister blog, JaneAustenRunsMyLife, I too over chilled the dough and the dough was too hard that the cookies came out small. But they were extremely delicious and I couldn’t stop eating them!
For more recipes from JaneAustenRunsMyLife, go to Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
For more cookie recipes, go to Ginger Cardamom Meyer Lemon Crinkle Cookies
For more Earl Grey Tea recipes, go to Earl Grey Infused Blueberry Smoothie
For more shortbread recipes, go to Basic Shortbread
For more desserts, go to Meyer Lemon Poppyseed Cake