Thoughts Before Cooking:
I just got a crock-pot and my mother gave me this book to go with it. As I flipped through the pages I was looking for something that could cook all night while I was asleep, and be ready the next day for dinner. This recipe of stew/chili appealed to me.
- 3 15-oz Cans of Black Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1.5 Cups of Chopped Onion
- 1.5 Cups of Fat-Free Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup of Sliced Celery
- 1 Cup of Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 4 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1.5 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper
- 6 oz Cooked Turkey Sausage, Thinly Sliced
- Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except sausage into crock-pot. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in sausage and cook on low another 10-15 mins.
Thoughts After Cooking:
It was delicious and so easy. I loved it and will be making this again and again.
For more chili and soup recipes, go to Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage & Spinach
For more recipes, go to London Fog Fauxccino