Thoughts Before Cooking:
So I have been wanting to make this tortellini soup recipe for quite some time now. I actually have two pinned on pinterest, and chose one of them.
This recipe comes from The Yellow Bliss Road blog.
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced Onion (about 1/2 medium sized onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1-28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1-32. oz. box of Vegetable Broth (chicken works too)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated tortellini
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- Parmesan Cheese
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed pan over medium-high heat.
- Heat vegetable oil and add diced onion.
- Saute until onions are soft.
- Crumble Italian Sausage and garlic with the onion.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, vegetable (or chicken) broth, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover.
- Let soup simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add tortellini and spinach and simmer for about ten minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan.
Thoughts After Cooking:
I thought this soup was amazing.
Even my boyfriend who can’t stand my “healthy food” loved it.
For more The Yellow Bliss Road Recipes, go to Crostini
For more soup recipes, go to Baked Potato Soup
For more tortellini recpies, go to Broccoli & Tortellini Salad with Pesto
For more pinterest recipes, go to Spinach Pasta Salad