Thoughts Before Baking:
So this recipe comes from my sister blog theCatWhoWroteaBlog.wordpress.com. Now my big sister blog TheCatWhoWroteaBlog usually does this with all the recipes in one post. I prefer doing one at a time so I won’t be reposting the whole thing.
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter or Margarine
- 2 Tablespoons of Cooking Oil
- 1 3/4 Cup of Thinly Sliced Onion
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Sugar
- 3 14.5-oz Cans of Beef Broth
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 4 Thick Slices of French Bread, Toasted
- 1 Cup of Gruyére Cheese, Softened
- Heat butter or margarine and oil in saucepan.
- Add onion slices and sugar.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put soup into 4 bowls and top with toasted bread. Sprinkle cheese on toast.
- Broil until cheese melts. Serves 4.
Thoughts After Reading:
I’m not a big French Onion Soup fan, but everyone in my family loved it. They said it was perfect and just how French Soup should taste.
For more on The Cat Who…Cookbook Recipes, go to Chocolate Whoppers
For more soup recipes, go to Hearty Lasagna Soup
For more recipes, go to Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies