So as I just reviewed Blueberry Muffin Murder, I was going to do my favorite recipe for blueberry muffins. I wasn’t going to use the one in the book as I didn’t like it. It was too sweet and sugary.
Unfortunately, just as I was getting ready to post my recipe, I couldn’t find it anywhere.
So I’m going to do a fun cookie recipe instead.
This is a cute dinosaur head shaped cookie filled with marshmallow. I made this recipe for a challenge, and I think you’ll enjoy it.
- 7-8 Marshmallows cut into thirds
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 2/3 Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup of Crisco
- 2 Unbeaten Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup of sugar to roll the dough in
- Almond slivers
- Cut the marshmallows into thirds and place them in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sift together with a whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large, separate, bowl; cream together sugar, brown sugar, and crisco.
- Blend the two unbeaten eggs and vanilla into the sugar and crisco mixture.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Take the marshmallows out of the freezer
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of dough and flatten it in your hand.
- Place a marshmallow third into the center of the dough. Roll the dough around the marshmallow, creating a ball.
- Take that ball of dough and role it into an oval. On one side of the oval, pinch it with your fingers to create the snout of the T-Rex head.
- Fill a bowl with 1/4 cup of sugar and roll the T-Rex head dough in it.
- Place it on the baking sheet. Put an almond sliver on it for an eye.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool. When they have cooled, cut a triangle out the pinched side so that the T-Rex has an open mouth.
- Eat & enjoy!
Thoughts After Baking:
So these are fantastic. I have never been a fan of “stuffed” cookies, but these definitely changed all that.
This is perfect for anyone who loves dinosaurs or marshmallows.
For more cookie recipes, go to Regency Ginger Cookies
For more desserts, go to Dark Choco Almond Butter Cookies
For more recipes, go to Pumpkin French Toast