Thoughts Before Baking:
So this book wasn’t all that good, read my review here, but contained quite a few recipes that I wanted to try out.
This one sounded tasty and a good thing to have in the morning so I thought I would try it out.
- 1/3 Cup of Margarine or Butter, Soft
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spices
- 3/4 Cup of Milk, Whole or 2%
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 2 oz of Raisins (optional)
- Cinnamon Sugar (1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon and 1 Tablespoon of granulated sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend margarine, sugar, and beaten egg together until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Add the dry ingredients and the wet to the milk, alternating and mixing as you go.
- If you’d like, now is the time to add the raisins to the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups halfway, then dust the tops of each muffin with cinnamon sugar
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins before removing them from the pan.
Thoughts After Baking:
They were very good, they weren’t too sweet but very delicious. I’m thinking of altering the recipe a bit and trying to out in some apples or something. If I do I will post it, whether it works or fails.
For more muffins, go to the Best-Ever Blueberry Muffins
For more breakfast dishes, go to Hole in One
For more recipes, go to Virgin Appletini