So if you haven’t guessed, Italian Wedding is a type of soup. They used to serve it at Olive Garden, but don’t anymore, of which saddens me as it is one of my favorite soups. But all is not lost, I can make it myself.
So I found this recipe on Pinterest, but it is originally from McCormick.com
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 8 oz of Sweet or Hot Italian Style Turkey Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 Cup of Chopped Onion
- 1 32-oz Can of Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 15-oz Can of Red Kidney Beans
- 1 14.5-oz Can of Diced, no salt, Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon of Savory
- 1 Teaspoon of Thyme
- 1 6-oz package of Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 Cup of Uncooked Small Pasta
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat.
- Add sausage and cook for three minuets.
- Add onion and cook for three minutes, or until meat is browned and onion tender.
- Pour meat and onion mixture into a pot.
- Add chicken broth.
- Drain and rinse red kidney beans, and then add to the pot.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, savory, and thyme to the pot.
- Stir mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and pasta.
- Return to boil on medium heat. When boiling, return to simmering on low until pasta noodles are cooked.
Thoughts after cooking:
I loved it. It was soooooo good that we ate the whole entire pot.
For more soup recipes, go to Vegetable Soup
For more Italian food, go to Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
For more Pinterest recipes, go to Cheesy Pesto Pull Apart Bread
For more recipes, go to Breakfast Puffin Muffins