So I love enchiladas. When I saw this recipe I thought it sounded good…except they mix red sauce with chicken. We NEVER, EVER, EVER do that in my house. Red sauce with meat, green with chicken. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER exchange it.
So I was very wary, but I thought I’d try it. It comes from The Magical Slow Cooker.
- 1.5 lbs of Boneless, Skinless, Raw Chicken Breasts
- 1-28 oz Can of Red Enchilada Sauce
- 10 Corn Tortillas
- 3 Cups of Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1-3.8 oz Can of Olives
- Put the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two forks in the slow cooker.
- Cut the tortillas in to strips, add to the chicken and sauce.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and half the olives.
- Stir again.
- Flatten mixture and add rest of cheese and olives.
- Cook on low for 40-60 mins longer.
Thoughts After Cooking:
What did I think? I didn’t like it.
Red Sauce with Chicken is just gross. I didn’t like it and recommend skipping it.
For more Pinterest recipes, go to Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie
For more Mexican food, go to Chorizo Breakfast Burrito
For more casseroles, go to Spanakopita Penne Bake
For more crock-pot recipes, go to Slow-Cooker Bread