It’s almost the 4th of July and we need a recipe to go with the holiday. So I was looking through all the smoothies I had previously reviewed and thought-can you make a smoothie with applesauce?
Well after a quick google search-I found this Peanut Butter Oatmeal Apple Smoothie from With Salt & Wit
- 1 Apple or 1 Cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder (Optional)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Cup of Ice
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Mix well.
- Add to serving glass and garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Thoughts After Blending:
I did not like this.
I thought it tasted really weird.
I would not make this again.
For more 4th of July recipes, go to Apple Pie Smoothie
For more smoothie recipes, go to Matcha Green Tea Blast Smoothie
For more applesauce recipes, go to A is for Applesauce Cake
For more drink recipes, go to Skinny Chai Tea Latte