So I LOVE tater tots and when I saw this recipe I thought why not try it out? Plus I think now is the perfect time to post it as Stephanie Smothers from A Simple Favor would totally make this.
This recipe comes from Gimmie Some Oven.
- 2 Cups or 12 ounces of Uncooked or Frozen Broccoli
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup of Diced Yellow Onion
- 1/3 Cup of Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 Cup of Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1/3 Cup of Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons of Parsley or Cilantro
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet with a thin layer of oil or line with parchment paper.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 min, then remove and shock with tap water to stop the cooking process.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix throughly with the egg, onions, cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasoning.
- Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix using an ice-cream scoop or your hands and gently press between hands to form a firm ball and shape into tater tot shape.
- Place the prepared tater tot on the baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-24 mins.
- Remove from oven and enjoy hot or with your favorite sauce.
I forgot to take a pic, oops! Sorry.
Thoughts After Cooking:
So these no way taste as good as tater tots, as nothing can, but they were very good. I loved them and gobbled them up.
For more from Gimmie Some Oven, go to Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
For more pinterest recipes, go to Super Easy Naan Bread
For more healthy recipes, go to Frozen Strawberry Yogurt Bark