So you know what today is!
That means that it is time to post a recipe from my The Star Wars Cookbook: Wookie Cookies and Other Galactic Recipes by Robin Davis.
Thoughts Before Cooking:
My nephew had been looking through my cookbook and wanted to try out this Yoda Soda as he thought it sounded really good. Sadly we did not have the ingredients needed, so I promised the next time he spent the night we would make them.
- 3 Limes
- 3 Tablespoons of Sugar, or more to taste
- 1 Cup of Sparkling Water
- 1 Scoop of Lime Sherbet or Sorbet (you can substitute rainbow sherbet or lemon sorbet.)
- Place one lime on the cutting board and slice in half.
- Squeeze the juice from each half into a measuring cup.
- Repeat with the limes until you have 1/4 cup of juice.
- Put the lime juice and three tablespoons of sugar in a small pitcher.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar dissolves. Add the sparkling water and stir until mixed.
- Taste and add more sugar if desired.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the sherbet and drop it into a tall glass.
- Pour in the lime water.
- Serve immediately.
Thoughts After Cooking:
This turned out good but only makes one drink.
Yes all that work for ONE DRINK!!!
It is also impossible to find lime sherbet or sorbet ANYWHERE. I had to substitute with rainbow. It wasn’t bad, but I would have liked to try the recipe as it was originally created.
But it was pretty good. I suggest trying it out and seeing if you think it is worth the effort and time to make.
For more on May the 4th, go to Wookie Cookies
For more The Star Wars Cookbook recipes, go to Twin Sun Toast
For more drink recipes, go to Strawberry Milkshake