Thoughts Before Cooking:
I got this recipe out of Food Network Magazine July/August 2012 issue. That pasta on the cover looked so good, I just had to make it.
- 2 Large Zucchini, coarsely grated
- 12 oz of Lasagna Noodles, broken into bite sized pieces
- 3 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Grated Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Grate the zucchini
- Break up the lasagna noodles
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Toss the zucchini with 1/2 a teaspoon of salt in a colander set over a bowl. Let it stand 10 minutes, then squeeze out the excess moisture.
- While the water is boiling, cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Heat the butter in a skillet, tossing in the tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook until blistered and slightly softened, (about 4 minutes).
- Stir the zucchini and lemon zest into the tomatoes. Lightly crush the tomatoes with a wooden spoon, and cook until zucchini is crisp-tender, (about 4 minutes).
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta. Stir to keep it from sticking.
- Let the pasta cook for 12 minutes, then drain the pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Transfer the zucchini-tomato mixture into a large bowl. Add the pasta and cheese.
- Add about 1/4 cup of pasta water and toss, adding more water if needed.
- Season with salt, pepper, and extra cheese.
Thoughts After Cooking:
Sorry no picture. I completely forgot to take one, but will add one when I remake it. Yes, remake. I just Loved This.
That I have made it quite a few times, and will continue to do so.
One time I ran out of noodles and made it with regular pasta which worked just as well as the lasagna.
For more recipes from this Food Network Magazine, go to Oven-Crispy Creole Seasoned French Fries
For more pasta recipes, go to Spaghetti Limone Parmeggiano
For more recipes, go to Chocolate Cherry Delights