Thoughts Before Cooking:
So true, right? So I love tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches paired together. I have shared a few grilled cheese sandwich recipes, but now it is time to share a tomato soup recipe. I don’t know exactly where it comes from, but it was shared with me from my mother.
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 6-oz Can of Tomato Paste
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup of Half and Half
- Chopped Fresh Tomatoes, Optional
- In a medium saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour, until blended.
- Gradually add the chicken broth.
- Stir in tomato paste and cayenne until well blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins or until thickened.
- Reduce heat and gradually stir in cream. (Do not boil)
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes if desired.
Thoughts After Cooking:
I LOVED it! This soup was so good, especially with grilled cheese sandwiches. I recommend it.
For more soup recipes, go to Iron-Rich Black Bean Soup
For more tomato soup recipes, go to One-Pot Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
For more recipes, go to Hillshire Farm Crustless Quiche