So there were a few recipes I wanted to make from The Cereal Murders, but I didn’t have a chance to. So instead I decided to pull out a recipe that actually uses cereal and place it here instead. I’ve made this recipe so many times, the page is all messed up and torn-it is that good.
So this recipe comes from The Kellogg’s Cookbook and uses the cereal corn flakes. I am telling you this is one of the best potato dishes ever-no joke.
You defintely need to try it yourself.
“These are better than French fries! We guarantee that once you try them, you’ll make these cheesy potatoes a standard at your table. Using different cheeses such as Monterey Jack, American, Swiss, or grated Parmesan cheese, and a bit of chili powder easily adds variety and keeps the dish interesting.
- 2 Cups of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes
- 3 Large Baking Potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- Salt to taste
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1/4 Cup of Sliced Scallions or Green Onions
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Place the corn flakes in a reusable plastic bag.
- Seal the bag and, using a rolling pin, crush the flakes to a medium crumb.
- Open the bag and measure the crumbs, you should have 1 cup. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a large baking sheet with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Lay the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly coat with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle each potato with some of the cheese.
- Top with corn flake crumbs and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven, without turning, for about 25 mins, or until potatoes are cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Serve with scallions.
Thoughts After Cooking:
Sorry no picture, but these are the best potatoes ever! After eating this, it will be all you want.
For more recipes from The Kellogg’s Cookbook, go to Ham and Cheese Monte Cristos
For more potato recipes, go to Fries Quatro Queso Dos Fritos
For more cereal recipes, go to Rice Krispies Cookies
For more recipes, go to Garlic, Tomato, Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwich