So I was on facebook one day and scrolling through my newsfeed and spotted this recipe from Sabra. It looked delicious so I had to try it.
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons of Hummus (I actually use Athenos, I think it is the best hummus)
- 2 Slices of Sourdough or Your Bread of Choice
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Spinach
- 1 Teaspoon of Chopped Garlic (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Hard boil the eggs however you like. (I prefer to do 12 mins, but it is up to you.)
- Toast bread to desired doneness and set aside.
- Place spinach in microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add optional chopped garlic to spinach and toss.
- Spread hummus over toasted bread.
- Place spinach on top of hummus.
- Peel hardboiled eggs and slice in half.
- Place egg halves on the spinach.
- Add red pepper flakes if you desire and top with salt & pepper.
Thoughts After Cooking:
It was delicious. A wonderful and healthy breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner.
For more egg recipes, go to Hillshire Farm Crustless Quiche
For more hummus recipes, go to Cucumber Hummus Sandwich
For more breakfast dishes, go to Amish Baked Oatmeal