January is National Soup Month!
To celebrate, let’s eat some soup!
I love tortellini and a month ago Raley’s had a super sale, 2 packages for $5. I bought 4 and put three in the freezer for later.
I have made a tortellini soup before and saw this one so thought I would try it it out. It comes from pinterest, but originally Gal on a Mission.
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp of Dried Rosemary
- 28-oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 15-oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 4 Large Basil Leaves or 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 4 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 20-oz of Three-Cheese Tortellini
- 1/2 Cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese + extra for garnish
- Fresh Basil (Optional) to garnish
- Place the onion, garlic, rosemary, and olive oil in a 6-quart soup pot or dutch oven.
- Sauté over medium heat for 5 mins or until onions are translucent.
- Add in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and heavy cream.
- Stir to combine.
- Simmer for 20 mins.
- Place the tortellini into the soup and cook for 12-15 mins or until the tortellini are tender and cooked through.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve and garnish with cheese and basil.
Thoughts After Cooking:
It was delicious!
Another yummy soup recipe.
For more Pinterest recipes, go to Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
For more soup recipes, go to Crock-Pot Potato & Kielbasa Chowder
For more tortellini recipes, go to Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage & Spinach