So Tuesday’s post was on a mystery set in Victorian England, so we need a recipe to go with it. I’m thinking a tea time recipe…
Specifically, cucumber sandwiches borrowed from my sister blog: JaneAustenRunsMyLife.
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons of Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 Teaspoon of Chopped Fresh Chives
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Long English Cucumber, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Loaf of Bread, Crusts Removed
- Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise in a small bowl with a hand mixer, until smooth.
- Stir in herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cut crusts off bread slices.
- Spread bread slices with cream cheese mixture.
- Thinly slice cucumbers, layer over half of the bread slices.
- Top with additional herbs, if desired.
- Top with remaining bread slice and cut each sandwich into three pieces.
Thoughts After Reading:
These sandwiches were absolutely delicious. I couldn’t stop eating them. These will go great with your choice of a cup of tea.
For more recipes from JaneAustenRunsMyLife, go to Scottish Oat Scones
For more sandwich recipes, go to Hummus Egg Salad Sandwiches
For more cucumber sandwiches, go to Cucumber Hummus Sandwich
For more tea time recipes, go to Skinny Chai Tea Latte