Thoughts Before Cooking:
This book had a few recipes I was interested in, and this was one that sounded good and just right for Christmas.
- 1.5 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Melted Butter
- 3/4 Cup of White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- Measure the oatmeal into a a medium-sized bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour it over the oatmeal. Stir.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, baking powder, flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the sugar mixture to the oatmeal mix and blend.
- Mix in the vanilla and egg.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir the mixture.
- Line cookie sheets with foil and grease lightly.
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded teaspoons. Don’t crowd the cookies together as they spread.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Thoughts After Baking:
These were good but very buttery and greasy. They also cooked fast so watch out, or else you might burn them. But otherwise, very good.
For more Hannah Swensen recipes, go to Vanilla Crackle
For more recipes from Plum Pudding Murder, go to Christmas Cheese Rounds
For more cookie recipe, go to Basic Shortbread
For more dessert, go to Baked Apple Slices