Thoughts Before Baking:
So this recipe comes from my sister blog theCatWhoWroteaBlog.wordpress.com. Now my big sister blog TheCatWhoWroteaBlog usually does this with all the recipes in one post. I prefer doing one at a time so I won’t be reposting the whole thing.
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 a cup of sugar
- 3/4 a cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 a cup of shortening
- 1/2 a cup of butter or margarine
- 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 4 squares of utnsweentened baking chocolate, melted and cooked
- 1 10-oz package of semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1.5 cups of walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and put aside.
- Beat sugars, shortening, and butter or margarine until light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, beating after each egg.
- Add unsweetened baking chocolate and the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and walnuts, mixing by hand.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes
Thoughts After Baking:
It was delicious and a great combination.
For more from The Cat Who…Cookbook, go to Festive Pink Lemonade
For more Chocolate Chip Cookie variations, go to Rice Krispies Cookies
For more cookie recipes, go to Sugar Puffs
For more desserts, go to French Strawberries