I know I posted on Friday, but you know me! I can’t resist posting on a holiday!
So this recipe came from a Mexican cookbook was given to my mom by my abuela, and she passed it on to me. It has a great and easy recipe for refried beans. All you need is cooked pinto beans, such as the ones from Slow Cooker Pinto Beans recipe.
- 2 Cups of Cooked Pinto Beans
- 2 Tsp of Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Chopped Onion
- 1 Crushed Garlic Clove or 1/2 Tsp of Minced Garlic
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 Cup of Shredded Cheese
- Heat oil and add beans.
- Mash beans thoroughly, add a little water, garlic, onion, and salt.
- Cook beans until they are well heated.
- Add cheese and cook until it melts completely.
- Serve hot as a side dish or as a dip.
Thoughts After Cooking:
It might not photograph well but it’s delicious!
For more Cinco de Mayo recipes, go to Arroz (Mexican Rice)
For more holiday posts, go to Easy Northumberland Pan Haggerty
For more Mexican food, go to Chorizo Breakfast Burrito