Happy New Year!
I hope you all have a blessed year!
So it is time for our tradition of New Year’s Day breakfast food recipe!
- 3 Cups of Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 Cup of Defrosted Frozen Strawberries or Juice
- 1 Pint of Fresh Blackberries, Raspberries, or Blueberries
- 1 Cup of Good Quality Granola
- Layer 1/3 of the yogurt in the bottom of 4 tall glasses.
- Combine defrosted strawberries and juice with fresh berries.
- Alternate layers of fruit and granola with yogurt, until glasses are filled to the top.
- Serve immediately to keep granola crunchy.
Thoughts after making:
This was delicious, just like donkey says, in fact so good, I forgot to take a pic!
For more Rachel Ray recipes, go to Grilled Sausages, Potatoes, & Carrots with Salsa Verde
For more Food Network recipes, go to Roasted Carrots
For more breakfast recipes, go to Egg and Spinach Hummus Toast
For more New Year’s Day posts, go to Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
In other news, let’s have a quick year in review.
So in 2019 I published 111 posts!
Out of those 111 posts, I’ve reviewed 63 mysteries. Which you should definitely check out.
- And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily Mystery #1) by Tasha Alexander
- Death Dines Out (Hemlock Falls Mystery #5) by Claudia Bishop
- Psycho II Psycho #2) by Robert Bloch
- Lowcountry Boil (A Liz Talbot Mystery #1) by Susan M. Boyer
- Airhead (Airhead #1) by Meg Cabot
- Knit to Kill (Black Sheep Knitting Mystery #9) by Anne Canadeo
- A Quiche Before Dying (A Jane Jeffry Mystery #3) by Jill Churchill
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin (Under Suspicion #1) by Mary Higgins Clark
- A Willing Murder (A Medlar Mystery #1) by Jude Deveraux
- Catnap (Midnight Louie #1) by Carole Nelson Douglas
- The Enemy We Know (A Letty Whittaker 12 Step Mystery #1) by Donna White Glaser
- Design for Murder (Death on Demand #2) by Carolyn G. Hart
- The Company You Keep (A Kendra Clayton Mystery) by Angela Henry
- Cover Her Face (An Adam Dalgliesh Mystery #1) by P. D. James
- Deadly Intent (The Nancy Drew Files #2) by Carolyn Keene
- Murder on Ice (The Nancy Drew Files #3) by Carolyn Keene
- Hearts of Smoke and Steam (Society of Steam #1) by Andrew P. Mayer
- Blessings in Disguise (Sugarcreek Amish Mysteries #1) by Nancy Mehl
- Secrets (Sweet Valley High #2) by Francine Pascal
- The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew Girl Detective Graphic Novels #1) by Stefan Petrucha
- The Case of the Invisible Dog (Shirley Homes Mystery #1) by Diane Stingley
- The Crown Conspiracy (The Riyria Revelations #1) by Michael J. Sullivan
And the following stand alone mysteries:
- Suitors and Sabotage by Cindy Anstey
- The Woman in the Movie Star Dress by Praveen Asthana
- He’s Gone by Deb Caletti
- The Cradle Will Fall by Mary Higgins Clark
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart by Mary Higgins Clark
- We’ll Meet Again by Mary Higgins Clark
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
- An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
- The Funhouse by Dean Koontz
- The Key to Midnight by Dean Koontz
- An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
- Big Little Lies by Lianne Moriarty
- The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
- Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter
- The Glass Forest by Cynthia Swanson
- The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright
And the following short stories:
- “The Blood Stained Pavement” from The Tuesday Club Murder by Agatha Christie
- “The Idol House of Astarte” from The Tuesday Club Murders (Miss Marple #2) by Agatha Christie
- “Ingots of Gold” from The Tuesday Club Murder by Agatha Christie
- The Tuesday Club Murders AKA The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple #2) by Agatha Christie
- “Haven’t We Met Before” from Death Wears a Beauty Mask by Mary Higgins Clark
- “The Man Next Door” from Death Wears a Beauty Mask by Mary Higgins Clark
- “The Tell-Tale Purr” from Death Wears a Beauty Mask by Mary Higgins Clark
- “The Man With the Twisted Lip” from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- “A Much Expected Murder,” from Tales of Fatima, by Gail Ingram
- “The Strength of Their Attachment” from Rational Creatures by Sophia Rose
And the following Children’s books:
- The Shadow Garden by Andrew Matthews
And the following little extras:
“Betty and Veronica in Mystery at the Studio” from Archie Comics
“Little Archie in Mystery of the Disappearing Mummy” from Archie Comics
“The Little Archies in The Secret of the Betsy Belle” from Archie Comics
“Reggie in The Big Boom” from Archie Comics
“Detection Predilection” from Jughead Jones Digest
“Jughead Jones in The Giant Tonsils That Swallowed Riverdale” from Jughead Jones Digest
With cooking I reviewed 47 different recipes:
- Matcha Green Tea Blast Smoothie
- The “Best” Green Bean Casserole
- Eggless Cookie Dough
This blog was viewed 30,068 times last year.
The busiest day of the year was October 26th with 496 views and the post “Jughead Jones in The Giant Tonsils That Swallowed Riverdale” from Jughead Jones Digest
The top five posts of this year were:
5) What to Do When You Run Out of Cupcake Liners from 2018
4) “Apple Orchard Bars” from Fudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke 2016
3) Wookie Cookies from 2016
2) Fries Quatro Queso Dos Fritos from 2018
1) “The October Game” from Long After Midnight by Ray Bradbury from 2016
So what will the next year hold?
You’ll just have to follow me to find out!
In other news, this year marks an important anniversary for mystery lovers. This year is the 100th anniversary of the publication of The Mysterious Affair at Styles and the beginning career of an amazing detective.