Instead of doing another Christmas mystery, as I had a hard time finding those this year-I decided to post a Christmas recipe!
This comes from the cookbook Christmas Cookies.
Another Way to Make It:
“You can shape this dough into wreaths and attach red cinnamon candies as berries.”
- 3/4 Cup of Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups of Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Egg White, Lightly Beaten
- Red Decorator Crystals (Optional) or Cinnamon Sugar
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add 1 cup of sugar-beating well.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter, beating at a low speed until blended.
- Divide dough into fourths.
- Divide each portion into 14 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a 9-inch rope. Fold ropes in half and twist,
- Shape twists into candy canes, brush with egg white, and sprinkle with crystals or cinnamon sugar.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 mins or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks and let cool.
Thoughts After Baking:
This was kind of hard and took a few tries before I got the hang out it. The smaller cookies tasted better, in my opinion, than the larger ones.
But delicious and a great cookie to have at Christmas or give to others.
For more Christmas Cookies, go to Basic Shortbread
For more cookie recipes, go to Christmas Lace Cookies
For more dessert recipes, go to Baked Apple Slices