Thoughts Before Baking:
I received this Betty Crocker Celebrate! cookbook several years ago for Christmas. Since then I have made a few different recipes from it. When I saw this one about mint chocolate chip cookies, I had to make it as I LOVE mint!
Especially with CHOCOLATE!!!
- 1 1/3 Cup of Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Butter or Margarine, Softened
- 1 Tablespoon of Freshly Chopped Mint Leaves
- 1 Egg
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Package (10 oz) of Mint Chocolate Chips ~1.5 Cups
**HOLIDAY SHORTCUT: If you don’t have time to chop the mint, add 1/4 teaspoon of Mint Extract instead.**
***HOLIDAY TWIST: Substitute the raspberry chocolate chips for the mint for another summer twist.***
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar, butter, mint, and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium or with spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about two inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 mins or until golden brown.
- Cool 1-2 mins, move from sheet to wire rack. Makes about 3.5 dozen cookies
Thoughts After Cooking:
Sorry no picture, but that just means I’ll have to make more!! It is so good, you should try it. I’ve never made it with the raspberry cookies, and I can’t wait to try.
For more Betty Crocker Celebrate! recipes, go to Irish Soda Bread
For more cookie recipes, go to Chocolate Whoppers
For more desserts, go to Sugar Puffs
For more mint recipes, go to Blackberry Mint Infused Water