So I love tomatoes and cheese and the two mixed together! So when I came upon this recipe on Pinterest I knew it was for me.
This comes from The Cookie Rookie blog.
- 4 Roma Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Basil Chopped
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place tomato slices on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top each tomato with a layer of parmesan and then a layer of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle chopped basil on top of each tomato.
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake 8-10 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Turn off oven and broil for 2-3 mins to brown cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Thoughts After Cooking:
I loved these! Sooooo good. I devoured them before I could plate them-but at least I got one pic before they were all gone.
These were also easy to make and took very little time.
For more Pinterest recipes, go to 20 Minutes Cherry Tomatoes and Basil Angel Hair Pasta
For more recipes, go to Saucy Spider with Hairy Leg Sticks