So I typically post on Fridays, occasionally Saturday of something comes up. Unfortunately, this weekend was one of those times when I fell behind, so I’m posting Sunday instead.
I LOVE basil, tomatoes, and pasta: so this recipe was perfect for me! This recipe comes from Oh Sweet Basil and I found it originally on pinterest.
- 1/2 lb of Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 5 Large Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of Loosely Packed Basil, roughly chopped
- 3/4 a Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese, plus more for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add in pasta and cook until al dente, or until pasta is slightly undercooked.
- Drain pasta in a colander, but reserve the pasta water.
- While pasta is cooking, add garlic and olive oil to a large skillet.
- Cook until garlic is soft, about two mins.
- Add tomatoes and salt and cook for another two mins.
- Add 1/2 Cup of the pasta water and cook until water boils.
- Simmer for five mins, the tomatoes should be starting to burst.
- If they haven’t, gently push on them with the back of a wooden spoon, you only want them about half to burst.
- Add pasta and cook for another two mins.
- Turn the heat off, add basil, and parmesan cheese.
- Toss to coat.
- If needed, add more pasta water.
- Season to taste and add parmesan cheese to taste.
Thoughts After Reading:
This was delicious and cooked so fast. I LOVED it!
For more Pinterest recipes, go to Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries
For more pasta recipes, go to Angel Hair Pasta With Zucchini and Tomatoes
For more angel hair pasta recipes, go to Creamy Parmesan Spaghetti