Quarentined due to COVID-19? Now is the perfect time to make soup! This soup is from Lemon Tree Dwelling‘s Tortellini Minestrone Soup, but I made a few alterations.
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, Diced
- 2 Medium Carrots, Sliced Thin
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/8 Tsp of Black Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 Can of Kidney Beans
- 1-15 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Package of Pasta Noodles
- 1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 1.5 Cups of Spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, garlic, 1/4 cup of salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened (about 7 mins).
- Pour in chicken broth, tomatoes, and 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Bring to a boil. Add kidney beans and noodles.
- Reduce heat and cook until pasta is tender.
- Stir in cheese and spinach, allow the leaves to wilt.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
Thoughts After Cooking:
It was extremely delicious, and I hope it makes you all stuck at home feel a little better.
For more soup recipes, go to Slow Cooker Easy Lentil Soup
For more Pinterst recipes, go to Irish Potato Pie