So I do not like green bean casseroles.
But we were doing this Sunday School Appreciation Dinner and they planned the menu to be fried chicken, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, and cornbread. The only thing I like in that is mashed potatoes, hold the gravy. But I was assigned to do the green bean casserole, so I was going to make it.
So I work until 6 and the dinner was at 6:30, so instead of doing the original recipe, I needed one to make in my crock-pot. I got this from Julia’s Eats and Treats.
- 4-14.5 oz Cans of Green Beans, Drained
- 2-10.75 oz Cans of Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Cup of Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 6 oz of French’s Fried Onions
- Carefully mix everything, except the fried onions.
- Spread evenly in the crock pot.
- Set the slow cooker on low, cook 2-3 hours.
- Top with French Fried Onions before serving.
Thoughts After Reading:
So I didn’t eat it, I didn’t get a chance as it was gobbled up so quickly. Everyone gave me compliments, so while I didn’t taste it I would recommend it to all you out here.
For more casseroles, go to Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole
For more crock-pot recipes, go to Slow-Cooker Bread
For more recipes, go to Eggless Cookie Dough