So I’ve made a tortellini soup before, but after I did that Pinterest sent me some other recipes I’d be interested in. Such as this one.
This originally comes from Umami Girl.
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced Small
- 2 Large Carrots, Diced Small
- 2 Large Celery Sticks, Diced Small
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 8 Cups of Low-Sodium Vegetable Stock
- 5 oz Baby Spinach
- 9 oz Tortellini
- 1/4 Cup of Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Black Pepper
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and salt. Stir to coat with oil.
- Cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften.
- Stir in stock, bringing to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer, until veggies are tender.
- Remove lid and add spinach and tortellini.
- Cook according to pasta package directions.
- Take off the heat stir in parsley and black pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with cheese.
Thoughts After Reading:
I thought it was pretty good. The tortellini I used was dried so it had a different taste than the refrigerated, kinda dry actually. But still good. I really enjoyed it and found it to be healthy and tasty.
For more Pinterest recipes, go to Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole
For more soup recipes, go to One-Pot Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
For more tortellini soup, go to Tortellini Soup with Italian Sausage & Spinach