So I was reading Knit to Kill by Anne Canadeo and Lucy makes this pasta dish that sounds super good. But they didn’t include it in the book!
So I scoured the internet to try and find one that fit the description Lucy gave and settled on SkinnyTaste‘s Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes.
- 2 Medium Zucchini, Spiralized or Julienne
- 4 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- 2 Shallots
- 3 Medium Diced Tomatoes or 2 Cups of Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 4 Teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 oz of Angel Hair Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons of Chopped Fresh Parsley or Basil
- 1/4 Cup of Low-Sodium Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- Boil a large pot of water and cook pasta according to the directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat up a large saute pan.
- When pan is hot, add olive oil.
- Add garlic and shallots to the pan and saute about 1 min, or until soft.
- Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook about 1-1.5 mins, then add tomatoes, crushed red pepper, parsley, chicken broth, and add salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta, and reserve a cup of water.
- Toss the pasta with the zucchini and tomatoes.
- Add pasta water if needed and serve with parmesan cheese.
Thoughts After Cooking:
For more Black Sheep Knitting Mystery recipes, go to Schooner’s Summertime-Only Strawberry-Raspberry Pie
For more pasta recipes, go to Spinach Parmesan Pasta
For more recipes, go to Frijoles Moledos y Fritos (Refried Beans)