My sister bought me a Rachel Ray subscription for my birthday. This recipe comes from the September 2018 issue a part of Six Ingredient Supper.
- 8 Fresh Sweet or Hot Italian Pork Sausages
- 1 Bunch of Carrots (About 1 lb)-trimmed and peeled, halved lengthwise if large (reserve greens)
- 1.5 lb of Red Potatoes (about 4 medium cut into 3/4 inch thick wedges)
- 3/4 Cup of Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp of Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 Clove of Garlic, chopped
- Heat a grill or grill pan on medium-high.
- Cook the sausages, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the centers registers 160 degrees F. Let cool and then halve the sausages crosswise.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots and the potatoes with 1/4 cup of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill veggies until tender, about 20 for carrots and 25 mins for potatoes.
- Meanwhile, chop enough of the carrot greens to measure 3 tbsp.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the carrot greens, basil, garlic, and 1/2 cup of olive oil-about 1 minute.
- Season the salsa verde with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the sausages, carrots, and potatoes on a platter.
- Top with half the salsa verde, and serve with rest.
Thoughts After Cooking:
The best thing about this was the carrots in the salsa verde-it was delicious. I could just eat that.
For more recipes, go to Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie