Thoughts Before Cooking:
I love kale, so when I find a recipe I want to make it! I found this on Pinterest but it originally comes from Budget Bytes.
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- 1/2 lb of Pasta
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Butter
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
- Pull the kale leaves from the stems and tear them into small pieces.
- Rinse the kale in a colander under cool, running water; letting it dry.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- When water is boiling throw in pasta noodles, cooking al dente (about 7 mins).
- Drain the pasta in a colander.
- While pasta is cooking; add olive oil, butter, and minced garlic to another pot or skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 1-2 mins or until garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add the kale and continue to saute until kale has wilted and turned a deep green color (about 5-7 mins).
- Turn the heat off.
- Add the pasta to the pot with the kale.
- Toss pasta and kale together.
- Let them cool to the point that no steam is rising from the pot. You want the pasta hot but not hot enough to melt the Parmesan cheese.
- Season the pasta and kale with salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
- Add the grated cheese.
Thoughts After Cooking:
It was really good.
I love kale and I love pasta and this was a great combo!
For more Pinterest recipes, go to Blueberry Banana Protein Smoothie
For more Budget Bytes reccipes, go to Creamy Tomato Spinach Pasta
For more pasta dishes, go to Creamy Parmesan Spaghetti