This comes from my sister blog, JaneAustenRunsMyLife.wordpress.com
I love bread. I could eat it, non-stop.
So you probably saw this pic on facebook/instagram, about me making bread. Usually bread takes quite a bit of time, but my friend shared this post on pinterest with me about making bread in your crock-pot!
It was delicious and easy, so I felt I should share. It originally comes from delish.com
- 1 Envelope of Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1.5 Cups of Lukewarm Water
- 3.5 Cups of Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp of Salt
- Line a crock-pot with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine yeast and sugar.
- Add water and stir until combined.
- Add flour, olive oil, and salt; stir until combined and a shaggy dough begins to form.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until it becomes smooth and soft, about 5 mins.
- Roll dough into a ball, then place in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 hrs.
- Carefully remove bread from slow cooker.
- To crisp up the crust, transfer bread to a baking sheet and broil until golden, 2-3 mins.
- Let cool for 20 mins and serve warm or at room temp.
For more pinterest recipes, go to Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
For more bread recipes, go to Caraway Rye Bread
For more slow cooker recipes, go to Crock-Pot Potato & Kielbasa Chowder