Thoughts Before Cooking:
I was given a crock-pot, and since then have been trying to find recipes as it makes life so much easier knowing I can be hard and work, and that when I get home and am tired I have dinner already made and waiting.
I got this off pinterest but it originally comes from D*** Delicious.
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1-12.8 oz Package of Smoked Andouille Sausage or Kielbasa Sausage
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 3 Carrots, Peeled and Diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Diced
- 2-15 oz Cans of Great Northern Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Cups of Baby Spinach
- 2 Cups of Water
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add sausage and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 3-4 mins.
- Place sausage, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, beans, oregano, and bay leaves into the slow cooker.
- Stir in chicken broth and water until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve immediately.
Thoughts After Cooking:
I loved it. It was delicious and healthy.
For more Pinterest recipes, go to Hasselback Potatoes
For more Crock-pot recipes, go to Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
For more soup recipes, go to French Onion Soup