I love beans. They are good for you, you can do all kinds of things with them, and they cost barely anything.
But every time I try to make them on the stove they come out half done and half hard. So I decided to try a crock pot and went out to find a recipe. I got this from Mom’s Kitchen Handbook.
- 1 lb of Dried Pinto Beans (2.5 cups, rinsed, and picked over for tiny stones)
- 7.5 Cups of Water
- 1 Teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Pick over the beans, removing small stones.
- Rinse the beans in a colander
- Put beans, water, red pepper, salt, and black pepper into the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low until the beans are tender (7-9 hours).
Thoughts After Cooking:
These were amazing! And I loved every moment of eating them.
For more crock-pot recipes, go to Black Bean and Turkey Stew
For more recipes, go to Blueberry Muffin Smoothie