Thoughts Before Baking:
We reviewed a 4th of July mystery on Tuesday and we have another coming Wednesday, on the actual 4th. I thought the best way to celebrate is with a recipe I made a few years back and really enjoyed. I found it in a magazine and it comes from Betty Crocker.
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker or Other Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 Cups of Water
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Container of Vanilla Frosting
- 1/3 Cup of Blueberries
- 1 Pint of Fresh Strawberries, pits removes and sliced in half
- Cook cake mix according to box directions..
- Cool 10 mins and remove cake from pan.
- Cool for an hour.
- Place cake on try and frost top and sides.
- For flag design, arrange blueberries in the upper left corner to create stars.
- Arrange strawberries in rows to create stripes.
- Serve immediately. (Store covered in fridge)
Thoughts After Baking:
I loved this cake and thought it was absolutely delicious. You should add it to however or whichever way you choose to celebrate the festivities.
For more 4th of July recipes, go to Happy 4th of July Triple Berry Salad
For more Betty Crocker recipes, go to Fresh Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
For more holiday recipes, go to Fajitas
For more cake recipes, go to Irish Apple Cake with Custard Sauce
For more desserts, go to Chocolate Whoppers