Thoughts Before Cooking:
My husband and I love lasagna, so when I came on this recipe I knew it would be perfect. This recipe comes from 12 Tomatoes: Simple Recipes, Serious Flavor.
- 1.5 lbs of Italian Sausage
- 1 28 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 10 oz Lasagna Noodles, Broken into Smaller Pieces
- 8 oz Fresh Kale (Optional)
- 4 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Cup of White Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Basil
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- In a large stockpot heat the olive oil and brown the sausage.
- Once sausage is cooked, add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the basil, oregano, and red pepper.
- Stir in tomato paste until incorporated, then add the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, water, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 mins, then reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 mins.
- Add lasagna noodles and kale and cook for 8-10 mins.
- Transfer to bowls and top with cheese.
Thoughts After Reading:
I left my soup on the stove to cool so I good put it away in the fridge and when it had all the liquid was pretty much gone!
But otherwise it was really good and I would definitely make it again.
For more lasagna noodle recipes, go to Broken Lasagna with Zucchini-Tomato Sauce
For more soup recipes, go to Black Bean and Turkey Stew
For more recipes, go to London Fog Fauxccino