Thoughts Before Cooking:
This is a recipe my mom used to make whenever she had a surplus of tortillas and wanted something easy to cook. My grandma used to make it when my mom was growing up wjen they weren’t able to afford meat. My grandma and mom used to call it Mexican lasagna as the way you put it together is similar.
- 1 lb of Ground Beef or Turkey
- About a Dozen Corn Tortillas
- Red Chile Sauce ( Make your own or buy a can. I use Las Palmas brand)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat up a little oil in a small pan.
- Cut the tortillas into triangle shapes.
- Fry the tortillas lightly, just enough so they are firm but not so much as they become chips.
- In a separate pan cook the meat.
- When both are finished cooking, take out a 9×13 casserole dish. Spoon some sauce into the dish, just a thin amount to cover the pan.
- Lay the tortillas in the dish, covering the bottom.
- Add meat, sauce, and cheese.
- Continue to layer with tortillas, meat, sauce and cheese until dish is full.
- Cook at 350 degrees F, until cheese is melted.
Thoughts After Cooking:
I love this recipe and love making it!
It is cheap, easy, and delicious.
For more Mexican food recipes, go to Best Guacamole Ever! (Plus Make Your Own Tortilla Chips!)
For more mom recipes, go to Basic Hamburger
For more recipes, go to Simple Charoset