Thoughts Before Cooking:
So I have made a few different scone recipes these past few years as you all know I love tea time.
And almost every time I make them all I can think is “I really wish I had some clotted cream to go with it.”
So that’s easy, just go to the store and buy it.
You cannot purchase it anywhere that I live. So after yearning and yearning for it, I decided to make my own.
This recipe comes from Genius Kitchen by Julie Bs Hive
- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream (Can substitute with Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Confectioner’s Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- Fold vanilla into sour cream (or yogurt).
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the sugar into the cream.
- Fold this mixture into the vanilla/sour cream (yogurt) mixture.
Thoughts After Baking:
This was fantastic!
It was so good, I didn’t want to stop.
For more tea recipes, go to Aunt Neal’s Old-Fashioned Tea Cakes
For more recipes, go to Chocolate Whoppers