Thoughts Before Cooking:
So I have made a few different scone recipes these past few years as you all know I love tea time.
And almost every time I make them all I can think is “I really wish I had some clotted cream to go with it.”
So that’s easy, just go to the store and buy it.
You cannot purchase it anywhere that I live. So after yearning and yearning for it, I decided to make my own.
This recipe comes from Genius Kitchen by Julie Bs Hive
- 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream (Can substitute with Plain Greek Yogurt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Confectioner’s Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- Fold vanilla into sour cream (or yogurt).
- Beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the sugar into the cream.
- Fold this mixture into the vanilla/sour cream (yogurt) mixture.
Thoughts After Baking:
This was fantastic!
It was so good, I didn’t want to stop.
I really recommend making this! And it would go perfect with Crasins Scones, Harlem Tea Room Baking Powder Scones, Harvest Pumpkin Scones, Irish Blueberry Scones, or Lemon Scones.
For more tea recipes, go to Aunt Neal’s Old-Fashioned Tea Cakes
For more recipes, go to Chocolate Whoppers
One thought on “Mock Clotted Cream”