Thoughts Before Cooking:
I had a friend who loved this cookie recipe so much, that I made them for her birthday two years in a row.
This recipe comes from The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion: The Essential Cookie CookbookSugar. Yep another recipe from that fantastic cookbook.
- 1/2 Cup of Confectioner’s Sugar (Powdered Sugar)
- 3/4 Cup (1.5 sticks) of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt (Extra-Fine Preferred)
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup of Cornstarch
- 1 Cup of Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together sugar, butter, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the cornstarch and flour, stirring to make a cohesive dough.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 25 mins (I recommend 30) or until they are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to cookie rack to cool.
Thoughts After Baking:
These were delicious. I recommend them.
For more King Arthur Cookie Cookbook recipes, go to 1-2-3-4 Peanut Butter Cookies
For more cookie recipes, go to Chocolate Crinkles
For more sugar cookies, go to Aunt Neal’s Old-Fashioned Tea Cakes
For more dessert recipes, go to French Strawberries