Thoughts Before Cooking:
Who loves grilled cheese sandwiches?
Of course you do, everyone does! It is one of the ultimate comfort foods.
Well this is a little twist on the classic sandwich. I came up with this after making Eggplant Tomato Bites
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- 1 Clove of Garlic, Halved
- Cheese of Choice (I did Gouda)
- 1 Cup of Fresh Basil
- Place a tablespoon of butter in frying pan and melt.
- Brush the bread with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill bread until lightly browned, one to two minutes, remove, and rub with garlic.
- Grill tomatoes, turning occasionally, until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place the mozzarella, tomato, and basil leaves on a slice of bread, cover with another slice of bread and grill until it is warm and cheese is beginning to melt.
Thoughts After Reading:
I thought it was absolutely delicious.
It was soo good, we forgot to take pics!
For more sandwich recipes, go to Chicken Cashew Wrap
For more basil recipes, go to Green Goddess Salad Dressing
For more recipes, go to Fries Quatro Queso Dos Fritos