Well after last week’s recipe of Spinach Pasta Salad I had a ton of spinach left over. From there I have decided to try anything I could to use it up, including testing out a spinach smoothie from Tastes Better From Scratch.
Will the taste of blueberries be able to overpower it, or will the spinach surpass everything?
- 1/2 Cup of Orange Juice (I don’t like orange so I substituted with Apple Juice)
- 1/8 a Cup of Whole Grain Oats (I didn’t have any so I used Quick Oats)
- 1/4 Cup of Greek Yogurt
- A Bit of Vanilla Creamer
- 1/2 Banana
- 3/4 Cup of Frozen Blueberries
- 1.5 Cups of Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 Cup of Ice
- Add all the ingredients in your blender and blend. If too thick, add more juice or water.
Thoughts After Cooking:
I don’t really like using bananas in my smoothies because all the smoothie tastes like is banana.
So I added some more blueberries and a little more yogurt. After that I thought it tasted wonderful!
You didn’t taste the spinach at all or the oats. In fact, I think I’ll be making this tomorrow morning as well.
For more smoothie recipes, go to B is for Blueberry Smoothie
For more spinach recipes, go to Spinach Pasta Salad
For more drink recipes, go to Nature’s Own Cocktail
For more recipes, go to Baked Potato Soup