Thoughts Before Baking:
So I wanted to make a certain cookie, but it turns out that the baker’s chocolate I had was over a year past the due date.
I had a bunch of candy that was given to me and wanted to make cookies with them. After some searching I finally found REESE’S PIECES Peanut Butter Cookies from the website Hershey’s Kitchen.
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) of Butter
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Cup of REESE’S PIECES Candies
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg, vanilla extract in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; adding to the butter mixture and beating until blended.
- Stir in candies.
- Drop by a tablespoonful unto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until brown.
- Cool slightly, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Thoughts After Baking:
It was pretty sticky trying to move from the tablespoon to the sheet, so just fair warning.
Now I’m not really a REESE’S PIECES person, but I really liked how they tasted. It was a good mix, and not too overpowering in peanut butter.
For more peanut butter cookies, go to 1-2-3-4 Peanut Butter Cookies
For more cookies, go to Aunt Neal’s Old-Fashioned Tea Cakes
For more desserts, go to Vanilla Crackle
For more peanut butter recipes, go to Rice Krispies Peanut Butter Banana