I found this recipe in an old Good Housekeeping magazine. I’ve never had spanakopita but have heard it is good and wanted to try out this variant.
- 1 lb Penne
- 2 10-oz Boxes of Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 Cup of Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Loosely Packed Dill, Chopped
- 15-oz Part-Skim Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp. of Salt
- 8-oz Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Cook penne for half the time said on the box; adding the spinach.
- When draining, reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta/spinach water.
- Combine feta, dill, cottage cheese, & salt in a bowl.
- Add penne, spinach, and the 1/2 cup of water.
- Spread evenly in a 3 quart baking dish. Top with the Mozzarella Cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 25 mins.
- Uncover and bake for 10 mins.
Thoughts after cooking:
I thought it was absolutely delicious.
I couldn’t stop eating it.
For more casseroles, go to Too Easy Hotdish
For more recipes from Good Housekeeping, go to Two-Cheese Roasted-Veggie Pasta
For more recipes, go to Herbed Eggs with Sour Cream