Yep, we are going to make a recipe from The Cat Who Cookbook. Now my big sister blog TheCatWhoWroteaBlog usually does this with all the recipes in one post. I perfer doing one at a time so I won’t be reposting the whole thing.
- 6 Large Eggs
- 6 Tablespoons of Sour Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Fresh Chives
- Sour Cream and Chives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 400°.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the sour cream, flour, salt, pepper, and chives. Whisk briskly.
- Pour into a 1-quart buttered baking ramekin (if you don’t have a ramekin use a 1-quart round dish that can be placed in the oven).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs reach preferred degree of doneness.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and an extra sprinkle of chives if desired. Serves 2-4.
So when I first pulled out the dish it was nice and fluffy, but then it fell.
I guess I’m like Sabrina, I haven’t got my skills of souffles quite perfect.
But as served:
The egg was very good, and we all enjoyed it as a breakfast or dinner food.
It says it serves 2-4, but unless you have multiple side dishes it really serves 2. If you have more people, I would think of preparing two dishes or doubling the recipe. But very cheap and easy to make.
For more The Cat Who…Cookbook recipes, go to Caesar Salad
For more breakfast recipes, go to Potato Chip Omelet
For more egg dishes, go to Breakfast Omelet
For more recipes, go to Blueberry Sour Cream Pie