Valentine’s Day is coming so I thought I would post a sweet treat for you to share with your loved one(s)
Thoughts Before Cooking:
So I wanted some pie and went to this ’50s diner that makes some really good stuff.
They didn’t have the type I wanted so I decided to try out the Blueberry Sour Cream Pie. I loved it so much I decided to try and make it myself.
- 2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 3/4 Cup of Shortening
- Ice Water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix up the shortening and flour.
- Add in water a tablespoon at a time until dough is more malleable. If you add to much and it is to liquid-y, then just add a bit more flour to firm it up.
- Put dough aside.
- Take a cutting board and put a little flour on the surface, rubbing it. Rub flour on your rolling pin as well.
- Place the dough down and roll it into a large circle.
- Place the dough in a cake pan or pie pan.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil. This will keep the edges from getting too brown.
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Flour
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2.5 Blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thaw and drain well.)
- Combine sugar and flour in the medium sized-mixing bowl.
- Beat in sour cream, egg, vanilla, and salt over medium speed for about five minutes.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into pie crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- 3 Tablespoons of Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Butter
- While pie is baking, prepare the topping by crumbling together the flour, sugar, and butter with a fork.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 more minutes until topping is golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool throughly before slicing. Enjoy!
Thoughts After Baking:
I only have one thing to say about it:
I loved it and couldn’t stop eating it.
For more pinterest recipes, go to Arugula Salad with Olive Oil, Lemon, and Parmesan Cheese
For more Valentines’s recipes, go to Brioche French Toast
For more pie, go to Schooner’s Summertime-Only Strawberry-Raspberry Pie
For more blueberry recipes, go to B is for Blueberry Smoothie
For more dessert, go to Rice Krispies Cookies