Happy Super Bowl LI
Whether you are watching for your team:
Or just interested in seeing what commercials are out this year:
But here is a recipe that is sure to be a winner whether you go to a party or watch it on your own.
Thoughts Before Baking:
So I got this book years ago as a gift and I haven’t made that many items out of it. I made a few things, which I would make over and over. As I was looking at my cookbooks, I finally decided to make something different, Rice Krispies Cookies
“Not your traditional oatmeal cookie-an even better one! RICE KRISPIES add that extra crunch and the [chocolate chips] supplies the extra sweetness.”
- 1 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Butter or Margarine, Softened
- 1/2 Cup of White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- 1 Cup of Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut or Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Lightly coat two large cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray or butter. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter in the bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add the white and brown sugars and beat until blended, Add the egg and vanilla, beating to incorporate.
- Stir in the flour mixture. When well combined, stir in the cereal, oats and coconut or chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough by tablespoonful onto the baking sheets, leaving room between the cookies.
- Bake for 12 mins, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
Thoughts After Baking:
These cookies were fantastic! I couldn’t stop eating them.
I took them to a party and they were instantly gobbled up.
I strongly recommend them. They are probably one of the best cookies I have ever had.
For more recipes from The Kellogg’s Cookbook, go to Ham and Cheese Monte Cristos
For more on the Super Bowl, go to Oven-Crispy Creole Seasoned French Fries
For more Rice Krispies recipes, go to Rice Krispies Peanut Butter Banana
For more Chocolate Chip Cookies, go to Wookie Cookies
For more cookies, go to 1-2-3-4 Peanut Butter Cookies
For more desserts, go to C is for Chocolate Oat Crackles