Gung Hay Fat Choy or Happy Chinese New Year!
Today marks the new year, the year of the Rooster. Roosters are trustworthy, with a strong sense of timekeeping and responsibility at work. Some famous Roosters are Donny Osmond, Dolph Lundgren, and Jennifer Lopez. Roosters are best with Oxen and Snakes; but should avoid Rats, Rabbits, Horses, and Pigs.
In honor of this being the year of the Rooster, I have decided what better way than to have a chicken recipe.
Thoughts Before Cooking:
This recipe is from Bake Until Golden, the wraps Lisa Leann makes when they are in a hurry to get to the airport. I’ve never made wraps before, but have always wanted to try, so I give this a look.
- 1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons of Honey Mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- A dash of Pepper
- 1.5 Cups of Chicken
- 1 Cup of Celery, Chopped
- 1/4 cup of Cashews, Chopped
- Flour tortillas (I used wheat)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/8 cup of Onion, Chopped
- In a large bowl, create the dressing by stirring the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Next: add the chicken, celery, cashews, and onion to the dressing.
- Stir well.
- Warm the tortillas on the stove.
- Scoop some of the chicken mixture into the tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Roll it up like a burrito.
Thoughts After Cooking:
These were really good! I had a hard time stopping:
I like making them in the morning or night before and taking them to work with me.
For more Potluck Catering Club recipes, go to Happy Trail Mix
For more Chicken recipes, go to Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
For more “sandwiches”, go to Ham and Cheese Monte Cristos
For more Holidays, go to Potato Chip Omelet
For more recipes, go to C is for Chocolate Oat Crackles